Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"Vote Number One!"

So, little Maddox is a bit of a celebrity. At the last minute, I decided to enter Maddox in a baby contest that was part of Pottstown's July 4th festivities. He won first place for his category, ages 25-36 months! I didn't have any patriotic accessories for him (the flag in the picture is one a little girl dropped), so I just went with a school kid theme. He dressed preppy, wore his "pack pack" and carried his favorite book - In A People House. He happened to be the first registrant (of at least 14 because No. 14 got third place), so when I took him up to the judges I whispered to him to say "Vote Number One" and he happily obliged, with a big grin. No doubt this is what clinched it for him, but his cooperation was also sheer luck as just minutes earlier he had his arms crossed and eyes rolled up in his head refusing to show me his smile. He won $50, and got two speaking appearances on the local news. Even though I never would have done this had it not been for my mom's suggestion and encouragement (and pleading?), it sure was fun to win!
Here's a link to the news coverage. You'll have to click Watch Video under the flag. He's at the beginning and the very end. Enjoy!

No comments: