Sunday, February 21, 2010

February Update

The boys and I have spent A LOT of time in the house this month due to illnesses and snow.  At the peak of Wells's pneumonia and Maddox's wheezing, I was giving 10 doses of meds in the nebulizer per day.  At the peak of our snowstorm, I think we had about 18 inches.   Despite the temperatures, and if he's not in camouflage, Wells wears gym shorts and a muscle shirt.  Lately, he's started encouraging Maddox to do the same.  Wells takes Maddox upstairs and dresses him, and Maddox happily goes along with it...anything to be like his big brother "Waaaaz".
Maddox has his own clothing interests.  He LOVES his mittens.  He wants to wear them all the time.  Unfortunately, since this picture was taken, we've lost one.  So, he's been wearing one of his favorite mittens and one glove when we go out.  I can't get him to transition to matching gloves.
He also loves his "pack pack" and his hat, but not at much as his mittens.
 
Here is Wells posing with some of his school work that is about to be trashed.  Unless he's making a really nice picture for me, he usually writes his name with a million "l"s, like he did on the middle two.  Such a comedian he is! 
On Valentine's Day, the Sunday School kids sang at a nearby nursing home and then handed out valentines to the residents.  I'm one of the teachers, so Maddox has been participating in Sunday School since he was a baby.  He had no problem going up to stand with the other children.  He's typically a very good singer, too.  But, once he got a look at his audience with their wheelchairs and oxygen tanks, he put his head down and never looked up.  He didn't cry or walk away, he just remained in place, looking so sad.  After I snapped this picture, I rescued him.  :)

No comments: