So Wells chose fishing as a weekend activity. Maddox was quick to jump on the bandwagon. Pretty impossible for one adult to handle the gear and two kids near a body of water, so I agreed to go along. Is there a super mom award in my future? Did I mention I came across a snake, a huge frog, threatening geese and swans, and millions of tadpoles and bugs? What about the surgical assistance I had to provide in order to detach the fish from the line? Rinaldi would debate some of this, but at least I got some cute pictures.
After no luck with catching anything in the free waters, we headed to the stocked trout area to catch one. Wells has been fishing before, but this was the first time he caught a fish that could not be released back into the water. He was so distraught when he learned the fish was going to be "fillet-ed" that I took the boys to the car while Rinaldi "talked" to the woman about putting the fish back with his family and giving him some extra worms for his pain and suffering.
We took them to a nearby mall afterwards to "wash off" in the sprinklers. A great ending to our expedition.
Monday, May 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am SO glad you went fishing. I LOVE the pictures. Maddox looks so cute sitting waiting.
I love the pictures. I am so happy you went FISHING. Maddox looks adorable waiting for his fish.
Post a Comment