Saturday, September 5, 2009

Back On Track

One year ago today marked the start of a year full of losses for me. There were some joys along the way, thanks to family and friends. The summer has been busy beyond explanation, but I hope to now get back to more frequent updates on my blog.

At the beginning of August my mom and I took the boys for a quick getaway to Ocean City, NJ. I had promised Wells we'd go to the beach long before we got a contract on our house. The buyers wanted a quick settlement date, so one night away was all I could manage. I think Wells was satisfied though. He enjoyed the ocean, the sand, the arcade and biking on the boardwalk. Maddox liked the sand and his first amusement ride - the boats with his big brother. A special thanks to "Aunt" Doraine for opening her beach house to us and for being a huge help with the boys.


That's Wells ahead of the surry


Any time that was not spent packing, cleaning and preparing for the big move was spent enjoying our neighborhood and the pool. Here's the first wheelie caught on camera.


The week before our movers came, we said goodbye to our Morgan. Because of the new housing arrangement, I had to surrender her. I determined that her best shot of finding a new home was with an animal welfare league in Alexandria, VA. Morgan was not an easy dog to manage because she was so overly protective of her family and her home, but she was super loyal to us and a treasured member of our family. It was heartbreaking, to say the least. The bright side was that we got to enjoy a short visit with [grandparents] Nini & Opa while in VA. We have a beautiful "Morgan mum" that traveled with us to our new house, and we all take special care of it. Wells & I frequently talk about how much we miss Morgan, especially when we take walks, and when Maddox drops food on the floor and screams, "M0- ma!"
Yes, Wells is wearing earplugs...I have no idea why.



Then there was the move from the house we built less than two years ago on a beautiful lot with some special neighbors. (Can you tell I'm not quite over it yet?) Settlement was yesterday. The townhouse I'm renting is brand new and nice, but different. Wells and Maddox are adjusting well.


This morning we took a break from the routine of packing, moving and unpacking. We went to the park nearby. It was a beautiful morning, and of course, the kids loved the freedom and space, and playing with a mom who was probably more fun than I've been in weeks! I think Wells is a future BMX-er. His biking skills and stunts amaze me and A LOT of strangers who see him zoom by! The hill was much steeper than it looks here, and the music was from another event in the background, but fitting.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

They are SO adorable Michele!! I can't wait to see them!!